Web design is a process of creating a website and encompassing many different aspects such as content production, graphic design, and web page layout. The terms of web development and web design are interchangeably used, while it is a subset of broader web development category. Websites are created to use a markup language known as HTML. Web designer builds web page by using HTML tag that defines Metadata and contents of each page. Each layout and appearances of all elements within a web page are defined to use a cascading style sheet. Most of the websites include HTML combined with CSS that is defined on how it will appear on each page in a browser.
Some web designers may prefer handling a code page (typing CSS and HTMS from scratch), while others use WYSIWYG editor like an Adobe dream weaver. This is one type of editor that provides a visual interface for designing a web page layout and the software automatically generates into CSS and HTML code. Another popular way is to design a website with the system of content management such as Joomla or WordPress. These services are provided from the different website templates, which can hire freelancers and use as a beginning point for a new website. Webmaster tool can be added in content and customized layout by using a web-based interface.
Web design trends 2017:
- Gradients: Missing from the landscape of web design for few years, a gradient is making a major comeback. But it looks with color of blurring technique that has later been shifted. In the last stage of a gradient, there were many variations in the design. A prime example is the Apple’s iOS, because gradients are bold, big, and uses plenty of colors. Most popular usage is 2 color gradients overlay on the photos. It is a great option to make less or switch up on look rather than the interesting photo, which is a huge more intriguing. You can use a gradient background and draw the eyes when you do not have any other image to freelance work with it.
- Video with sound: People become more accustomed to watch their videos from the short film of YouTube to movies on their devices. A website can mimic this cinematic experience with the full video and sound displayed on your homepage. This conversion proceeds with the caution that includes an option to toggle sound on and off, because all users will not appreciate it. Contents must be so stellar that the users will demand on sound as the part of experience.
- Virtual reality: It will be the talk on the design element of the year 2017. More devices are available in the market with low price, but virtual reality is going to be very big. Gamers will get the most out of virtual reality, but it can definitely reach out of market and other applications. You will be ready to create a web design for virtual reality and ready to go for creating virtual reality experiences, but they do not require a headset. It includes website design with 360-degree video and any other highly interactive experience with 3-dimensional effects. After that, it takes an interaction to go to the next level and virtual reality will feel better and perfect on trend.
- More parallax: The parallax scrolling effect was one of the biggest trends in 2016. Designers have got cleverer with these mouse based movements. That trend was continuing in 2017 with more fancier and impressive parallax effects. There is no exception with the touch of reality for every design. More real movementswill be viewed on the screens that users require.
- Super simple homepage: Many designs will begin to strip away from the type of heavy homepage style. Designers are picking a right design that features only a word or two on the 1st screen of the design. These pages are packed with much information below the scroll down option. Many users scrollon your websites about your device. It makes very easy to design and pack the design with content on scroll down.
- New navigation patterns: Navigations do not have any glue at the top of design. From pop out or hidden styles will be easy to navigate at the bottom or side of the pages. It is one of the trendiest ways to move on the menu. Consider the navigation style for changing the user patterns.
- More tactile design: Web design roots only in physical things and it begin with material design and development of many tactile planes and layered objects. This interface trend expands to visual as well. Designers are much rooted in reality including images than illustration. Many elements look like a user can touch and reach out of them. Images are more natural and featuring elements that made from the naturally found materials,which are crafted into a usable object.
- Neutral color palettes: The principle of tactile will carry out some color palettes. In the past years, it has some most colorful viewsthat you have seen in a web design, which is going to be shifted with more natural and neutral set of hue. In the projects, you can see for more beige, green, and muted tones. Color palettes will be derived in the natural world and it has less of bold, bright and neon looks to it.
- Wearable’s influence the web: Small design is influenced by everything. In this way, Mobile is the first design mentality that impacts in a way that all websites offer
freelance work. At first, a wearable is approached, which will specifically impact on the app design. This influence would be like a change to look and complexity of mobile apps. You can look at the largest typography and emerging minimal styles. Many users are selecting to buy this sort of wearables and need these interactions are to be replicated on another device. This design method is destined to be happening sooner than later.
- Custom typography: Big and bold lettering will never go out of styles. This trend seems to get better and much better. Thanks to the development of many web fonts and compatibility; designers are taking risk on typography with novelty and interested typefaces. It is a success for web design and for many users who were tiring same sans serifs that seems to be dominated as a design project. From the vintage type of styles to retro which looks to be a completely customized typefaces and designers want to know on how to hire freelancers and add flair with this type to create a visual interest.
Above mentioned trends are the newest in the year of 2017, so, you can choose and select the best style and capable of meeting your clients’ needs. So be careful, be selective, and very importantly be creative.