What is Clonezilla?
Clonezilla is a free open source software program designed for disk cloning application based on the Debian. It also performs the disaster recovery, disk imaging, and deployment. It copies and transfers the contents of a hard drive to another storage medium such as DVD or a USB drive. It is free system solution that comes in unicasting and multicasting versions. It is greatly companionable with Windows, Macintosh, and Linux operating systems. Clonezilla restores and saves only used blocks in the hard disk to increase its cloning efficiency. Clonezilla is designed by Steven Shaiu and was developed at National Center for High- Performance Computing (NCHC) free software lab. Find freelancers to get started using Clonezilla.
Clonezilla is of two types one is for single and another for multiple machine cloning.
Clonezilla Live:- If you want to backup and restore on a single computer then unicasting version is the best. It is designed to clone the single machine without installation. Itsis controlled through Live Distro on physical media, such as CD, DVD, and unicast from the server.
Clonezilla SE:- Clonezilla server edition is the multicasting version. It is suitable for doing a backup and restores many computers simultaneously. The website of Clonezilla reports that the software can multicast a 5.6 Gigabyte disk images. It can also clone more than 40 computers within 10 minutes.
It also supports many file system such as ext2, ext3, ext4, btrfs, reiserfs, reiser4, f2fs and nilfs2 of GNU or Linux, xfs, and jfs. It also supports minix of Minix, and VMFS3, VMFS5 of VMWare ESX. It indicates that you can clone GNU/ Linux, Intel based Mac OS, MS windows, VMWare ESX and Chrome OS no matter if it of 64bit or 32bit OS. For these file systems use only the saved block in the partition, and Pratclone is used to restore and for unsupported files sector to sector copy is done by dd in Clonezilla. It is available free of charge and restores one image on multiple local devices. The image could be encrypted using encryptfs, a POSIX compliant enterprise cryptographic stacked file system. Clonezilla SE supportes multicast. It is suitable for a massive clone, and it is also used to save or restore a bunch of computers remote data.
Why Clone Your Hard Drive?
Using Cloning process, you avoid the process of the reinstallation of Windows. You don’t have to tweak any settings you have changed. If you reinstall your Windows, you have to wait patiently up to never ending updating processes but if you clone at least you don’t have to go through this process again. While upgrading your hard drive, cloning is the best way to transfer your data. In this article, you get information regarding how to use Clonezilla to Clone Windows10. Now the prices of SSD drives have dropped, and users upgrade their drives such as 64GB/128GB SSD to a 256GB/ 512GB SSD. You can use this method of clone form your old hard drive to new SSD drives in Windows 10, and you can also clone smaller SSD to a larger SSD. Hire freelancers online who have knowledge regarding cloning of hard drive using clonezilla.
How to Use Clonezilla to Clone Windows 10
To install the Clonezilla, you will need CD/ DVD or flash drive. When you start with Clonezilla, you will follow a few guided steps to start cloning your hard drive. The first step is downloading the Clonezilla and then creating the LiveCD, which you will use to clone the hard drive.
- When you download Clonezilla, create a CD and while downloading take care that you select “iso” as the file type and not “zip.”
- To copy the ISO file to hard drive use the Rufus and if you want to install Clonezilla on CD/ DVD then use a tool like ImgBurn. Hire freelancers who have complete knowledge of Clonezilla.
- Connect your both hard drive to your computer. Then call the drive you are cloning as the source drive and refer the new drive as target drive.
- Reboot your computer by inserting your Clonezilla media. When you restart your computer, you will see BIOS startup screen and now enter the key that is displayed to enter the boot menu.
- In this menu, you will see the list of all connected drives. The menu will not only show your hard drive but will also show media you installed Clonezilla to. Select that menu where you installed Clonezilla and then press the enter key.
- Now you will be presented with the live splash screen of Clonezilla and press enter to start Clonezilla.
- When it says “don’t touch keymap” then select your language and press enter. Press enter when you get to the screen that says start Clonezilla.
- Using your arrow key now select “device-device” cloning.
- Select the default options and” beginner mode” and then press the enter key.
- Now select the “local” mode and start cloning one physical connected disk to other.
- Select source disk first and press the enter key. Depending on the number of drive you have, the menu will vary, and if you have only two drive, then it becomes simple.
- Now select target disk and press enter.
- Skip the option of checking and repairing the source file system.
- Press enter and Clonezilla prompts you to verify everything is correct. If you see that all are correct, then enter “y.”
- If you want to clone the bootloader you have to boot from your target drive.
After performing all these steps successfully, the cloning process gets started, and you can keep an eye on the progress bar to see how much time it will take. Clonezilla will run some diagnostics when it finishes it, and then you can “enter” and then select reboot. To select the new hard drive, on BIOS screen you will have to press F12 or Del. Find freelancers to get started using Clonezilla.
In this article, you get information regarding what is Clonezilla? You also get information regarding How to use Clonezilla to clone Windows 10. Use of Clonezilla to clone the Windows 10 is the difficult task, but it is the better way of cloning the hard drive instead of new install.