When you are creating a digital product such as a website, standalone application, web service and likewise, you should always use the latest programming technologies and trends so that your product outshines your competitors on paper. If you are relying on the old programming languages and post freelance jobs to hire experts in those technologies and languages, you are literally wasting your time and money. The reason is that you have to catch up with the trend at some point in the near future and reinvest to modify your product accordingly. Instead, it is better to invest in the current technologies to build your product so that there is no need for modification for a longer period of time. Here are the top programming trends for 2018 that you should know as a client or as a programmer to go with the trend.
The List Of Top Programming Trends For 2018 –
- Python – Python was the buzzing programming language of 2017 and it is only growing to gain market share in 2018. It is on course to replace Java in the long run. It has become the most trending programming language not only among software engineers and web developers but also among data scientists and analysts. The reason why it is going to replace Java is that it is connected deeply with Artificial Intelligence which is the most trending technology of the decade.
- PHP 7.0 – While many think that the popularity of PHP is declining like Java but the data show that PHP is alive and kicking. The reason why many programmers and web developers avoided is that one could develop only a few useful dynamic features with it conveniently. Furthermore, the advanced features were slowing down the execution time. But with the release of PHP 7.0, all the problems are taken care of and the developer community is embracing it with open arms. The experts have also predicted that along with Python, PHP is ready to reclaim its lost market share over the last 5 years. Even PHP’s frameworks are being preferred by startups to create amazing web platforms.
- Swift 2 – Previously, Objective C was the go-to programming language for creating iOS apps. But Swift is slowing taking over it in terms of popularity. The previous year was the breakout year for Swift as Swift 2 was launched and it makes life easy for app developers. Objective C is sure to lose its ground in this year as Swift 2 is more developer-friendly and the possibilities are limitless. Furthermore, Swift 2 is perfect for AR and VR related iOS app development which is where Apple has shown the most interest in their last KeyNote event.
Miscellaneous Trends – The trends also suggest that Blockchain technology will be taking over due to the huge popularity of cryptocurrencies and its applicability in almost anywhere is possible. Internet of Things will expand further, cybersecurity will be the determining factor for all products to separate them from its competitors and artificial intelligence will sneak in everywhere. Furthermore, virtual reality is ready to go mainstream in 2018. There will be an exponential increase in the number of clients who will hire freelance web developers with a stronghold on the above-mentioned trends.
- Top PHP interview questions and answers 2020 - July 7, 2020
- How to create a Whatsapp account using the Australian number? - June 28, 2020
- Top C++ interview questions And answers 2020 - June 19, 2020