Getting the ideal mobile app developer for your business is a critical point in view of the importance of such applications to your investment. Hiring mistakes can be expensive and cause you a lot of catching up to do later. How can you do it right at the time of hiring your mobile app developer?
- Ask for reference work by the mobile app developer. This may be specific works they have done or participated in their development. Ask them to give you links and the particular store where these applications are available.
- Go for a mobile app developer who communicates clearly and regularly. Assess this quality through initial communication you have with the developer whether it is through email, skype or videoconferencing. If this is difficult, then it may be a problem to relate your specific needs about the app you want.
- Confirm the reliability and reputation of the PHP website where you are looking for the freelance mobile app developer. Popularity and high number of registered app developers in that website are good indicators of finding experienced and qualified freelancers for your project.
- Consider the freelancer’s time zone. A big difference in your local time and that of the freelancer can create communication difficulties. This challenge can however, be overcome with prior arrangement on how to communicate. If you are convinced that the mobile app developer is the best you have, time zone differences should not stop you from hiring them.
- Ask for a list of the freelancer’s recent or current clients. Talking to such clients will shed more light on whether the freelancer is up to the job or not. Professional profiles such as LinkedIn are also good sources for assessing the suitability of the freelancer. Former employers and colleagues can also help you to know more about the freelancer.
- Have the mobile app developer explain to you how the app will make you money. He should be able to tell you the model he will implement for people to pay for your app.
Other Considerations to Consider in Choosing Your Mobile App Developer
- Look for a developer who bids and gives you a clear and coherent job proposal
- Confirm whether the developer uses any smartphone or not. Not having one reflects badly on such a developer since he should be using and playing around with various apps to be developing any. A realistic bid can be a good indicator of a serious developer who knows what he is doing.
- A good developer should be able to demonstrate ability to meet milestones and beat the final deadline of a project.
- Find out whether the developer will submit the mobile app to stores on your behalf.
- Finally, agree on who owns the credentials to the mobile app. To protect yourself from future legal issues, have the mobile app developer sign a copyright assignment agreement giving you all the rights on the application.