As a freelancer, do you need a blog or a website for your business? This is a question that many freelancers and would-be freelancers struggle with. Another question worth looking into is this; is it possible to succeed as a freelancer without a website or a blog?
The answer to this latter question is that it depends on the type of your freelancing business. For some freelancing businesses a simple word of mouth is all that is needed to have clients coming to you. For others, a more aggressive marketing strategy helps to let people know about your business and how it can help them to meet their needs and wants. Other factors that will need to be considered while making a decision on whether you need an online presence include:
- The reach of your freelancing business. A local or hometown freelancing business is different from one desiring to go for the global market.
- Number of clients needed to make your financial dreams come true. The more the clients the more an online presence will be helpful.
- Is it a solopreneurship type of freelancing business or are others included? An organization has more commitment than an individual and so websites or blogs will help to let the world know of their freelancing services.
- Value of your services. As with the number of clients, the value of each service you offer can have a bearing on whether you need a website or blog.
- Whether you intend to monetize your freelance services in other ways. This can include:
- Through Google Ads
- Pay per click, pay per action and other actionable pay methods.
- Affiliate marketing
- Banner advertisement
- Referral business commissions
If you are considering such extended ways of multiple streams of income, then a website or a blog is a must have.
More Reasons Why a Freelance Website or Blog is Necessary
- It is the best and least expensive way of reaching out to the world and informing them about your freelance business. Coupled with other forms of information dissemination the results can be awesome.
- Helps you to bond and build trust with your customers. With a website or a blog, you have a chance of interacting with your clients through your periodic website content or blog posts. Through a website or blog you can also ‘meet’ them through their questions or comments they make. This make your clients see you as the ‘go-to’ expert in your field. It gives you a human ‘face’.
- A blog or website gives you a chance to showcase what you do. It helps you explain in detail ‘who you are’, ‘what you do’ and most importantly, clients’ ‘testimonials’ about your services or products. It a great way of creating credibility.
- It is a great way of helping your readers with important tips and information that adds value to their lives. This can be through helpful listicles of ‘how to’ and tips.
A Website or a Blog?
A website in most cases contains static pages while a well-maintained blog has ever-fresh information. Rather than having one or the other, it is best to have a website with a blog. Regularly updating the blog makes the bots keep visiting your freelance website and hopefully well-ranked.
- Freelance Essay Writers: How to Be a Writing Expert with No Experience - May 16, 2022
- 7 Outdoor Marketing Strategies You Should Implement in 2022 - May 10, 2022
- Why Are Essays so Boring: 7 Reasons - April 28, 2022